Who we are
Norwich Arts Centre, St Benedicts Street, Norwich NR2 4PG.
Norwich Arts Centre is a National Portfolio Organisation (NPO) and a registered charity (Charity no. 274803). We receive funding from Arts Council England, Norfolk County Council and Norwich City Council. The rest of our income is generated through ticket sales.
When Norwich Arts Centre collects information from our customers, employees and other partner organisations we do so to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). From May 2018 we have updated our practices to comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What information do we collect?
We obtain personal information from you when you book tickets or any other items online, enquire about our activities, register with us or subscribe for one of our services online.
This information includes:
● Name and contact details (postal address, email, phone numbers)
● Booking history – including the last four digits of your card number to help us identify transactions.
● Whether you have opened emails from us
● Any access requirements
● Details of social media engagement and visits to our website including operating system and location data.
● Image and likeness in photographs and videos captured at live events which may potentially be used for promotional purposes.
● Age, date of birth, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity
● Details of donations and your gift aid declaration
Why do we collect this data and what do we use it for?
We have a legitimate interests in processing the data in order to carry out our activity, as reasonably expected for our type of organisation.
The data we collect allows us to keep audiences informed about shows that they have tickets for and of future events. It allows us to tailor our communications and to understand what activities have been successful. We also helps us to communicate our story to our funders.
Norwich Arts Centre occasionally records and uses film, photographs and audio for promotional purposes on its website, social media accounts and other formats under its legitimate interests and grounds for processing. Where appropriate we will obtain your specific consent, but typically not for group shots or when the image is for internal use only.
We may process your personal data if it is necessary for medical purposes.
To help us reach our full funding potential we are requested by Arts Council England to run customer profiling reports. Therefore we are required to share some data with The Audience Agency, a data profiling company, who import our data to run specific customer reports. These are used for in-house analysis only and The Audience Agency do not share or use your data for any other purpose.
There are certain circumstances where we will share your information to third parties in order to fulfil our contract to you for example the company that delivers our brochure.
Where our website links to the websites of other organisations please check their own privacy policies before giving them any personal data. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Your personal data will not be shared with third parties for example a touring theatre company or band without your agreed consent.
Your personal data will never be sold on to any other agencies or companies.
How we keep your details safe and secure
Access to customer information is strictly controlled and can only be accessed by authorised staff who need it to do their job.
How long do we keep your information?
Data will be retained indefinitely for historical, statistical or research purposes. As stated below, you have the right to require us to erase personal data.
We will clean our database periodically to ensure that we are keeping all of our records as up-to-date as possible.
You can change the contact details and marketing preference we hold for you at any time by logging onto our website and updating the “My Account” section, contacting the box office on 01603 660352 or by or by emailing email@example.com.
You can also opt out from marketing communications at the bottom of any email sent to you (if you have opted out of marketing communications, we may still hold information about the events you’ve booked).
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 you have the right to…
● to obtain access to the personal data that we hold about you
● opt-out of marketing communications at any time
● to require us to correct or erase your personal data
● to require us to restrict our data processing activities
● to object to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights
● to contact the Information Commissioners Office with any concerns about our data processing.
● Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
● Or write to us at: Norwich Arts Centre, St Benedicts Street, Norwich NR2 4PG
● Phone 01603 660352