Intimate, interesting, anecdotal storytelling from non- performers and performers alike – this time with a Noirwich twist in the tale…
Theme: It wasn’t me…
We are all storytellers. If you want to explore how to develop your stories into tales for telling out loud Molly Naylor will be delivering a FREE workshop at the Writers’ Centre Norwich on Wednesday 7th September 6-8pm (tea and cakes from 5.30pm).
Submit a brief summary of a story to perform , sign up for the workshop or suggest a theme for future events by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org Guidelines, podcasts and many other exciting things are available via the True Stories Live Facebook page.
Thank you for expressing an interest in taking part in a True Stories event.
Here are a few guidelines to help you prepare your story:
– Your story must be true and personal to you.
– You should be prepared to deliver it to a friendly and supportive audience without notes.
– Each True Stories event will have a theme. Stick to the theme but interpret it however you like.
– The telling should take between 5 and 7 minutes.
– Please submit a summary of the whole story to email@example.com 1-2 weeks before the event. You will be notified by the TS organisers if your story has been chosen.
– On the day of the event you will have a chance to do a run through of your story in the venue if you request that.
– Performances may be recorded in any media.
– Most of all enjoy the experience of telling your story to an audience in a relaxed, informal and warm environment.
We look forward to hearing from you!