Intimate, interesting, anecdotal storytelling from non- performers and performers alike.
Theme: Leaving Home
Income from this event will support the work of New Routes, part of Refugee Week.
We are all storytellers. If you want to explore how to develop your stories into tales for telling out loud.
Submit a brief summary of a story to perform , sign up for the workshop or suggest a theme for future events by contacting email@example.com Guidelines, podcasts and many other exciting things are available via the True Stories Live Facebook page.
Thank you for expressing an interest in taking part in a True Stories event.
Here are a few guidelines to help you prepare your story:
– Your story must be true and personal to you.
– You should be prepared to deliver it to a friendly and supportive audience without notes.
– Each True Stories event will have a theme. Stick to the theme but interpret it however you like.
– The telling should take between 5 and 7 minutes.
– Please submit a summary of the whole story to firstname.lastname@example.org 1-2 weeks before the event. You will be notified by the TS organisers if your story has been chosen.
– On the day of the event you will have a chance to do a run through of your story in the venue if you request that.
– Performances may be recorded in any media.
– Most of all enjoy the experience of telling your story to an audience in a relaxed, informal and warm environment.
We look forward to hearing from you!